Our unique approach to fishing here at Tittesworth Water ensures the fragile ecosystem remains undamaged and is managed effectively. We only allow the following types of fishing at Tittesworth:
- Artificial lures (such as plugs, spinners, lures etc)
- Artificial baits (such as worms, maggots, snails, fish etc)
- Dead baits
Fishing is allowed on a sport basis which means that all catches are logged and returned to the water and no bait is used whatsoever other than of an artificial nature. We have a wide variety of fish which, to name a few, include:
Please note that the water in the reservoir is often at full capacity over the winter months and places to cast from are limited due to overhanging branches, steep banks and underwater hazards. You can fish from designated areas around the lake which on purchasing a day ticket a member of staff will be more than welcome to point them out.
We offer day and season ticket fishing at Tittesworth Reservoir. Tickets are available from the Activity Centre on production of an Environment Agency Rod Licence. On signing on for the day you'll receive a day ticket, please keep this on you and be ready to present it to our bailiffs.
We've had a very successful trial fish over the last few weeks and some of the pike that've been caught are excellent specimens. Here's one example of the pike caught that will wet your appetite weighing in at 24lbs! Apparently he hooked a larger one 10 minutes later but it got away! We reckon based on the growth pattern of these fish that there are some good 30lb+ fish in the reservoir.
Please abide by our fishing rules:
- Artificial lures, artificial baits and dead baits only.
- Bait Boats are prohibited.
- All catches are to be returned to the water.
- Maximum of 3 Rods per Angler, rods must be less than 2 metres apart and not left unattended.
- Braided line or equivalent with a minimum breaking strain of 15 KGs is compulsory.
- Wading is strictly prohibited due to the steep banks.
- Fishing from the Jetty and buoyed conservation area is prohibited.
- After fishing in other areas/waters all boots, nets etc are washed and dried to ensure that the spread of non native species is avoided before coming on site and afterwards.
- Please remove all line and litter from the area you fish from. If you get a snagged line please let us know and we can try and help resolve the issue from one of our boats.
- Please be respectful of water users and members of the public when fishing, particularly when casting and they will also be respectful of you.
- You have a valid Environment Agency (EA) rod licence (as a new venue for fishing the EA along with our bailiffs are policing the water so please make sure you bring yours along)
- You have a valid day permit or season ticket which can be purchased from the Activity Centre.
- Day Ticket fishing is only allowed on days when the is centre open as a permit is required. Both our staff and the EA bailiffs will be operating on the spot checks even when we're closed.
- Fishing as a Season Ticket Holder is valid from 1st October to 31st March between dawn and dusk.
- NO OVERNIGHT FISHING.
- The Centre has a compulsory closedown period from 23rd December – 6th January where bank fishing is open to season ticket holders only unless other arrangements have been made with centre staff. The Centre maybe closed additional dates throughout the season which can be found on our website and Facebook page.
- We ask that you help us to protect the water that you've paid for - if you see someone fishing on the way to your spot please ask them to show their day ticket!
Pricing and Opening Hours:
Day Ticket Fishing is only permitted on days when the centre is open so please check our days of opening detailed at the bottom of the page or by checking out our Facebook page.
Day Tickets are available for £15 per day for sport fishing. Please call in at the centre either on the day you wish to fish or the day beforehand.
Season Tickets are available for £200 by application to the centre. Please bring with you two passport photos for your Season Ticket ID card.