JUNIOR SUP ACADEMY
It's finally here! We are pleased to announce our involvement in developing grass roots Stand Up Paddleboarding as we become a Red Paddle Co Junior Academy!
Aimed at youths aged between 8 and 15, we aim to offer not just skill development and racing at a local and national level, but a healthy lifestyle and a respect for the outdoors. Each session will build on your previous knowledge so we highly recommend that if possible you come along every week. Over the summer holidays we will be running groups on a Wednesday and a Friday. A weekend Academy will be launched very soon.
Themes that we will cover across the programme will include:
- Your board, paddle and personal equipment and how to use it
- Standing and stances
- Good forward paddling technique and acceleration
- Turning your board, statically and on the move
- Paddling different types of board, including Dragon Racing SUPs (Multi-person Boards)
- Environmental considerations
- Race participation
- Developing fitness
- Safety and rescue
- But most of all... HAVING FUN!!!
There are no events in the selected category